The GoPro Hero 9 came out and I did not hear a thing about it. Let us look at exactly why I purchased this with only looking at one review
- The first reason was the vlogger. He is one I trust very much and when he recommended the camera it was a no brainer.
- Replaceable lens. This was a deal breaker for me with the Hero 8 and the single main reason I did not purchase that camera.
- The Hero 9 has the same built in GoPro mounts as the Hero 8 and Max. I love those but some did not.
- Front facing screen, finally GoPro.
- The stabilization is as good as the Max and the best on the market for an action camera.
- Horizon leveling from the Max is available.
- … the number one reason is you can use the camera as a webcam! This was the reason I purchased the Sony ZV-1. (Is there a dummy battery for the GoPro’s…. don’t know)
There are many other features I’ll talk about some other time after I test and check them out. Hindsight, Time warp with the ability to switch to normal, and back in the same video. Record duration and a record start time if you don’t want to remember when to get up or start your recording.
I now have three Hero’s, one Max, one Insta360 One R, the Osmo Action, the Osmo Pocket and the KanDao Qoocam 8K although the Pocket and Qoocam are not action cameras. Add to these my Sony a6400, a6600 and ZV1. That would be eleven cameras I can set around the room while I am making a video and switch between views without having to reset cameras all the time while using the Rode Go or my other wireless mic.
I also have more work to do for another site, one in Michigan and this is a lot of work, > 600hrs worth of work.