I must lose weight. Angie told me yesterday that she has lost weight and is now at 152 pounds. She calls herself fat and I’m over 110 pounds heavier than her, that is embarrassing.
Angie had surgery on her knee last Wednesday and has to stay off if it for the next week. No work, driving etc..
The GoPro Hero 9 came out and I did not hear a thing about it. Let us look at exactly why I purchased this with only looking at one review
- The first reason was the vlogger. He is one I trust very much and when he recommended the camera it was a no brainer.
- Replaceable lens. This was a deal breaker for me with the Hero 8 and the single main reason I did not purchase that camera.
- The Hero 9 has the same built in GoPro mounts as the Hero 8 and Max. I love those but some did not.
- Front facing screen, finally GoPro.
- The stabilization is as good as the Max and the best on the market for an action camera.
- Horizon leveling from the Max is available.
- … the number one reason is you can use the camera as a webcam! This was the reason I purchased the Sony ZV-1. (Is there a dummy battery for the GoPro’s…. don’t know)
There are many other features I’ll talk about some other time after I test and check them out. Hindsight, Time warp with the ability to switch to normal, and back in the same video. Record duration and a record start time if you don’t want to remember when to get up or start your recording.
I now have three Hero’s, one Max, one Insta360 One R, the Osmo Action, the Osmo Pocket and the KanDao Qoocam 8K although the Pocket and Qoocam are not action cameras. Add to these my Sony a6400, a6600 and ZV1. That would be eleven cameras I can set around the room while I am making a video and switch between views without having to reset cameras all the time while using the Rode Go or my other wireless mic.
I also have more work to do for another site, one in Michigan and this is a lot of work, > 600hrs worth of work.
I have been helping another site lately and the team thing does not seem to be working. When I say that I mean, the ‘team’ isn’t doing much work. I seem to be the only one working. In fact, the leader of my part of the team made the comment that I am a one man show so far.
I hope this effort allows me to keep a job with the company.
Yes, you read that correctly, Angie’s mother has COVID-19. The home she is staying has an employee who is currently living with a person who has COVID-19 and came into work. She infected her mother’s roommate, and her mother was tested and found to be positive. Her family has a terribly negative attitude and has made up their minds that she is not going to survive this. I can’t tell them not to worry because the survival rate among the elderly is still over 95%, if I am wrong, I will feel so terrible. I must add this bit of information; stating that the employee was living with a person currently infected and came into work is only hearsay and I can’t verify that. I asked Angie if it was true or that the home knew about it and she could not verify.