I checked when I arrived at work this morning to see if my rendition of the split wine glass was accurate to the original picture I was shown last Wednesday (11/21/2012) and much to my surprise it was remarkably close. The only differences were the surface the glass was sitting on (color and reflectivity) and the glass itself. In the original photo the glass is perfectly clear and in mine I frosted them a little. Other than that I am quite happy with the results now.
I also completed the animation of my fake logo for BlenderTravels.com. It is too dark for my tastes but for a start I do not believe it is bad, just not correct. When I fix the lighting I will re-render and post here. (When I figure out how to include a YouTube video in this website.